Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (“Triton”) is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Safety Advisor to support our team of diverse environmental professionals. Our existing projects encompass Western Canada and will provide the successful candidate with exciting and rewarding opportunities for career development.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within Western Canada. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soils science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
The successful candidate will support a wide range of projects in the BC northwest region and AB, working closely with front line supervisors, operations staff, and Triton’s Corporate Health and Safety Manager, to meet and exceed Triton’s safety standards and help achieve the corporate goal of zero safety incidents.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of project safety plans, job hazard assessments, and safe work procedures
- Implementing and maintaining Triton’s and project Health and Safety standards, systems, and procedures
- Conducting and documenting inspections to verify compliance with project plans, policies and health and safety regulations
- Identifying corrective actions to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; resolving issues of non-compliance; and providing education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health and safety
- Ensuring all required H&S documentation (subcontractor documentation, health and safety inspections, audits, daily hazard assessments, toolbox talks, safe work procedures, and meeting minutes) are effectively delivered, organized and distributed
- Undertaking incident investigations, compiling reports, statistics, (leading/lagging indicators) and undertaking required inspections
- Identifying undesirable trends and providing appropriate recommendations
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with management, project team members, contractors, and clients
- Delivering toolbox talks and relevant training materials
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the Corporate Health and Safety Manager and the Project Manager
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of three years of relevant health and safety experience
- Possession of a Construction Safety Officer (CSO) or National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) designation
- Thorough knowledge of BC and AB provincial health and safety legislation, policies, and practices
- Working level understanding of basic Health & Safety functions, hazard identification, incident investigations, and ergonomics
- Familiar with project construction practices, techniques, and safety requirements
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to listen carefully, present information effectively, and resolve conflict in a respectful manner
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to health and safety issues, identify problems, generate solutions, and make sound decisions
- Demonstrated willingness to contribute actively in team activities
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented with solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: February 15, 2021
Competition Reference: SAPG-1220
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.