As a result of continued company growth over the last few years, we are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated GIS Analyst to join the Triton team in our Calgary office.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within Western Canada. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
What does that mean for you? We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly.
Reporting to the Senior GIS Analyst, the GIS Analyst supports project teams and is responsible for compiling geographic data from a variety of sources including field observations, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps. Also analyzes spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports. Assists with proposals and project reports. Analyzes geographic relationships among varying types of data. Prepares metadata and other documentation. This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathers, analyzes, and integrates spatial data and determines how best the information can be visualized or accessed by non-GIS staff
- Independently organize, conceptualize, and conduct large, advanced spatial analyses as a team member and GIS task manager
- Work with non-GIS project managers and clients to design and effectively employ geospatial solutions on regulatory and permitting elements of environmental projects
- Serve as a GIS lead for project marketing, budget development and resources scheduling
- Create maps, geodatabases, and other deliverables on short notice
- Communicate and collaborate with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, both technical and non-technical
- Perform other duties as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS in Geography, Geospatial Science, Geographic Information Systems, Planning, Environmental Sciences, or relevant
- 3-5 years practical GIS experience, preferably within the environmental consulting industry; an advanced degree in a relevant field may offset the years of experience
- 2-3 years of experience with ArcGIS Pro
- 2 years of experience with ESRI Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst packages
- 1-2 years of experience with ArcGIS Online platform and associated products such as Web App Builder, Operations Dashboard, Story Maps, Collector, Survey 123, Field Maps
- Extensive experience in map generation and data visualization
- Experience working with Enterprise Portal data management
- Experience working with large datasets and QA/QC procedures
- Experience working with remote sensing datasets such as LiDAR derived DEMs, Sentinel-2 satellite imagery, and drone imagery collection.
- Ability to work independently, manage time and workload efficiently to ensure projects or tasks are completed on time; well organized
- Detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy when working with data
- Physical demands include standing and sitting in offices
- Builds effective interpersonal relationships and has an ability to work well with others on the team creating a positive and productive work environment
- Strong desire to work in a team setting
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem solver able to address challenges with effective solutions that improve systems and/or relationships
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and effective time management
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: August 6, 2021
Competition Reference: GAC-0721
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.